We believe that we are blessed with opportunity to use one of the most beautiful festival locations on the planet, an area of outstanding natural beauty. We feel strongly about both our beautiful location and the environment. One of our top priorities is to maintain and return it to it’s pristine condition, so we and everyone who comes to Mo:Dem Festival, can continue to enjoy it for many years to come.
We operate an environmentally friendly and leave no–trace policy, to ensure that the natural surroundings remain intact: we kindly ask you to use only water in showers. Please support our mission to make this year’s edition the cleanest festival ever! You can help us by taking care of the waste you produce. Our eco–team will help you manage recyclable and non–recyclable waste.
We have set up many collection points across the festival location where we you can bring your full garbage bags for collection.
As the new compost toilets were a big success, we built more new ones. This allows us to compost as much waste as possible on site thus reducing our waste and pollution. Our plan is to push out the plastic ones completely.
Like every year Mo:Dem will provide each attendee with a a pocket ashtray so you can be an active part of our ongoing mission to preserve the location. We ask you to make good use of them, and respect Mother Nature.
Nature is no place for rubbish and should not be used as a toilet. Respect for nature, the desire to save it and preserve its beauty must always be inside us.
- NO FIRES ALLOWED ON ANY PART OF LOCATION!
- PROTECT THE RIVER, USE ONLY WATER TO SHOWER. NO SOAP OR SHAMPOO, PLEASE.
- REDUCE, REUSE, RECYCLE!
- Please use rubbish bags provided by eco-team in the camping areas and once full please close them and take them to the nearest collection point. Check map for the one nearest your camping area.
- Please use the differentiated barrels for GENERAL WASTE and RECYCLEABLES.
- Plastic cups and cutleries are waste, cannot be recycled
- Processed food packaging
- Dirty plastic or anything thats dirty even if it is recycleable will not be accepted if dirty
- Plastic Bottles
- Aluminum cans
- Glass bottles
(NO plastic cups please or restaurant plastics)
- In camping areas we will have an organic waste barel so you can throw your food leftovers or expired meals.
- Rubbish is a matter that affects us all and should be addressed with collective efforts. Let’s all do our part and help keep Mo:Dem land a clean and beautiful place.